Health Freedom NZ ACTION ALERT! GE ingredients in food/GE crops/GE experimentation on the rise in ‘clean, green’ NZ!
| Health Freedom NZ Newsletter Action Alert
Please help this go viral by posting on your blogs and websites, emailing your lists, posting on Facebook.
This is an Information and Action Alert
The infiltration of GE ingredients in our food, GE experimentation and the release of GE crops into our environment, have made great strides in past months. HFNZ has always seen GE bio tech as a great threat to Health Freedom and has been under resourced to do anything.
Rather than having our own GE spokesman or woman, we have recently teamed up with GE Free New Zealand to support them in their campaigns and help raise awareness.
We see GE, GMOs and GE technology being used in our food chain as a threat to Health Freedom because:
1. There is no testing of GE food by the food safety authorities, and independent feeding trials show impacts on organ health, reproductive rates and survival of offspring. Studies have shown cows and rats die after consuming GE soy and corn.
2. Scientific experiments and overseas experiences show the harmful effects of GE crops released into the atmosphere, with superweeds, resistance in pests, an increased need to use toxic sprays on GE crops and cross pollination pollution of non GE and organic crops.
3. GE companies can and do prosecute farmers whose crops have been found to contain the patented GE material in their crops. Some have had their entire yields and sometimes their farms confiscated through this form of bio-colonialism.
Currently there are a suspected 40 GE ingredients that have been approved to enter New Zealand food supply; Fonterra is under scrutiny over potential feeding of GM crops to dairy cows. GM [Genetically Modified/ GE Genetically Engineered] contamination is also likely from approval for GE pine trees to be grown outdoors;
There is inadequate legal requirement for safety testing of GE foods, to require food manufacturers to tell consumers if their food has been made using GE/GM organisms, and for public health monitoring of the harm that they can cause.
You are the custodian of your body and health we think you have a right to know what you are eating. We will be posting information on our website and Facebook page in due course.
Write, email or call Fonterra’s CEO, Andrew Ferrier and ask him to
(1) Make a genuine commitment to a GM-free policy considering they say they are committed to sustainability they should already have one;
(2) Keep GE feed out of their farms;
(3) Take action to stop GE contaminating any alfalfa they use as feed, as the US has recently approved GE alfalfa.
(4) Remind him to stop using palm kernel , a by-product of forest-destruction and is not congruent with their sustainability policy.
FONTERRA CO-OPERATIVE GROUP LIMITED
Join the GE Free Shoppers NZ Campaign on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/GE-Free-Shoppers-NZ/205314966146372
Write on Fonterra’s Facebook Wall your concern that their products may contain GE contamination. Request they make a commitment to a GM and GE free policy or you will ceise buying their “Products for Life”.
Also the Group
The American one for American imported goods is:
Help promote the “Rally for the Right to Know” on Washington DC March 26th
The spread of GE crops, feed, ingredients and technology is largely an activity spawned by Big Farmer in America with Monsanto at the head of the game. Since what American food corporates do, greatly effects our food chain here in New Zealand, we believe supporting American efforts to stop Monsanto is well worth the effort.
Genetically modified foods…….. Are they safe? The American Academy of Environmental Medicine (AAEM) doesn’t think so. The AAEM asked physicians to advise patients to avoid GM foods. Find out more http://www.responsibletechnology.org/gmo-dangers
You can help by emailing everyone the details of the Rally found at
and promoting that Facebook page with your Facebook friends, on your blogs, websites etc.
The Team at HFNZ & GE Free NZ
- 9/11 TRUTH
- Auckland Mayoral campaign
- Botany By-election 2011
- Centre for Public Integrity
- CLG REPORT:
- Fighting corruption in NZ
- Fighting corruption internationally
- Fighting water privatisation in NZ
- Howick by-election campaign
- Human rights
- i watch news (Centre for Public Integrity)
- Internationally significant information
- Jane Burgermeister Report
- Stop the $uper City
- Transparency in Govt spending
- VINCE SIEMER REPORT
- WORLD WATER WARRIORS
- YOU TUBE: John Clarke and Bryan Dawe