JANE BURGERMEISTER REPORT: WHY WE NEED A NEW MILITARY DESIGNED TO DEFEND IDEAS AND NOT PHYSICAL TERRITORY
German Defence Minister Thomas de Maiziere has said that he wants to establish a dialogue with the people about the future of the country’s military.
The initiative comes as a debate is raging about what shape the German army should take after the creation of a professional army and a controversy is growing about what role it should play in protecting the country’s vital interest.
For a top German defence official to ask the general public to be involved in taking a fresh look at military doctrine is a landmark in a country that has been involved in two of the worst wars in the world in the past century.
I believe our entire way of thinking about the military has to change radically because traditional views of what the military are and should do have failed so dramatically and increased violence, instability and security threats across the globe.
Just as the Vienna Economics Professor Franz Hörmann argues that we need a new financial system that decouples money from material things, in the same way, we need a new military system that decouples defense from physical space or territory and especially, from the imperial-style conquests of raw resources. Read more of this post
No comments yet.
- 9/11 TRUTH
- Auckland Mayoral campaign
- Botany By-election 2011
- Centre for Public Integrity
- CLG REPORT:
- Fighting corruption in NZ
- Fighting corruption internationally
- Fighting water privatisation in NZ
- Howick by-election campaign
- Human rights
- i watch news (Centre for Public Integrity)
- Internationally significant information
- Jane Burgermeister Report
- Stop the $uper City
- Transparency in Govt spending
- VINCE SIEMER REPORT
- WORLD WATER WARRIORS
- YOU TUBE: John Clarke and Bryan Dawe