JANE BURGERMEISTER REPORT: ‘Evidence of Goldman Sachs and Deutsche Bank subprime fraud to be referred to US justice officials’
16 April 2011
Friday 15 April 2011, The Telegraph
US Senate panel urges Goldman ‘mis-selling’ investigation
A US Senate Subcommittee has called on authorities to examine whether Goldman Sachs mis-sold mortgage related securities and misled Congress, as it released the findings of a two-year investigation into the financial crisis.
Carl Levin, the Democratic chairman, wants the Department of Justice and the Securities and Exchange Commission to see if Goldman broke the law when selling collateralised debt obligations (CDOs) to clients without disclosing that the bank believed they would fall in value.
“In my judgement, Goldman clearly misled their clients and they misled Congress,” Mr Levin said at a press conference in Washington late yesterday.
No comments yet.
- 9/11 TRUTH
- Auckland Mayoral campaign
- Botany By-election 2011
- Centre for Public Integrity
- CLG REPORT:
- Fighting corruption in NZ
- Fighting corruption internationally
- Fighting water privatisation in NZ
- Howick by-election campaign
- Human rights
- i watch news (Centre for Public Integrity)
- Internationally significant information
- Jane Burgermeister Report
- Stop the $uper City
- Transparency in Govt spending
- VINCE SIEMER REPORT
- WORLD WATER WARRIORS
- YOU TUBE: John Clarke and Bryan Dawe