First Botany by-election ‘Candidates Forum’ – TONIGHT Tuesday 15 February 2011: 7.30pm East City Wesleyan Church Centre, 219 Burswood Drive,Burswood / Botany
15 February 2011
The first Botany By-election ‘Candidates Forum’!
First Botany by-election ‘Candidates Forum’ –
TONIGHT Tuesday 15 February 2011: 7.30pm
East City Wesleyan Church Centre, 219 Burswood Drive,
“With the Times newspapers giving support to the Trust, another “Meet the Candidates” forum is now planned for the 2011 Botany By-Election.
Time: 7. 30 pm Tuesday 15 February
Venue: East City Wesleyan Church Centre, 219 Burswood Drive, Burswood/Botany
Host : Rev Dr Richard Waugh
Chair/Facilitator: Lloyd Wong (Local resident)”
2. How will you represent the interests of the 49% of people born overseas in the Botany Electorate, which is the highest for any electorate in NZ?
3. What are the candidates’ stand on law and order? How will that impact on Botany electorate?
4. State asset sales – do you agree or disagree and why?
5. Auckland has a major shortage of affordable housing, reducing home ownership rates and an ever-lengthening waiting list for State Houses. It has been said that if Auckland doesn’t get its housing right, Auckland won’t work. If that is so, what are you going to do to address the problem?
6. Is access to our beaches going to remain free? If so, how will this be guaranteed? If not what will you do?
In terms of the forum programme – I confirm I will ask each of you (x5 candidates) to answer questions in rotation, as follows:
who you are + why we should vote for you? (4 minutes in total for both questions)
each of the above 6 set questions ( 1 minute answers )
questions from the floor as time permits ( 1 minute answers )
- Jami-Lee Ross, National
- Michael Woods, Labour
- Paul Young, New Citizen Party
- Lyn Murphy, ACT
- Penny Bright, Independent
In answer to specific queries we have received on the evening, we advise:
Facilitator for Botany By Elections Candidates Forum
LifeGrowth Community Trust
DDI: 09 985 5362 09 985 5362 09 985 5362 09 985 5362 Mob: 0279 9855362
Information forwarded FYI.
Water Pressure Group
Judicially recognised Public Watchdog on Metrowater, water and Auckland regional governance matters.
Attendee: Australian Public Sector Anti-Corruption Conference 2009
Attendee: Transparency International’s 14th Anti-Corruption Conference 2010
Auckland Mayoral Candidate 2010.
Independent Candidate Botany by-election 2011.
Ph (09) 846 9825
021 211 4 127
No comments yet.
- 9/11 TRUTH
- Auckland Mayoral campaign
- Botany By-election 2011
- Centre for Public Integrity
- CLG REPORT:
- Fighting corruption in NZ
- Fighting corruption internationally
- Fighting water privatisation in NZ
- Howick by-election campaign
- Human rights
- i watch news (Centre for Public Integrity)
- Internationally significant information
- Jane Burgermeister Report
- Stop the $uper City
- Transparency in Govt spending
- VINCE SIEMER REPORT
- WORLD WATER WARRIORS
- YOU TUBE: John Clarke and Bryan Dawe