Will PM John Key become ‘significantly wealthier’ from the mining of NZ conservation land?
Posted this on NBR as a comment – http://www.nbr.co.nz/node/121739
How exactly will the public majority in NZ become ‘significantly wealthier’ by the mining of conservation land?
Shareholders in privately-owned mining companies may become ‘significantly wealthier’ by the mining of conservation land.
Like NZ Prime Minister John Key?
Check out the NZ Register of Pecuniary Interests for MPs:
Hon John KEY (National, Helensville)
1 Company directorships and controlling interests
Earl of Auckland – commercial property
2 Interests (such as shares and bonds) in companies and business entities
Little Nell – property investment
Bank of America – banking
Jackson Mining – gold mining
(I note that this Register is dated 31 January 2009.)
However – in NZ – the ‘least corrupt country in the world’ (yeah right) – is it appropriate for ANY NZ Ministers (or MPs for that matter) to hold shares in ANY companies?
For those who are concerned about this mining proposal and want to do something –
DON’T UNDERMINE NZ – AUCKLAND MARCH!
1 May – 11am
Lower Queen St
2 Comments »
- 9/11 TRUTH
- Auckland Mayoral campaign
- Botany By-election 2011
- Centre for Public Integrity
- CLG REPORT:
- Fighting corruption in NZ
- Fighting corruption internationally
- Fighting water privatisation in NZ
- Howick by-election campaign
- Human rights
- i watch news (Centre for Public Integrity)
- Internationally significant information
- Jane Burgermeister Report
- Stop the $uper City
- Transparency in Govt spending
- VINCE SIEMER REPORT
- WORLD WATER WARRIORS
- YOU TUBE: John Clarke and Bryan Dawe