WHERE IS NATIONAL’S ‘MANDATE’ FOR THIS ‘WHANAU ORA TRUST’?
“The taskforce suggested money currently spent by health, education, justice and social development agencies be pooled into a Whanau Ora trust.”
A few KEY questions:
1) Where is National’s mandate for this proposed devolution of social services?
2) When did the public majority get a say/vote on this proposal?
3) Where EXACTLY are billion$ been spent NOW on health, education, justice and social development ?
4) Where is the ‘devilish detail’ of who at central government level has the contracts for health, education, justice and social development ?
Name of the contractor?
Value, term and scope of the contract?
5) Is this ‘Whanau Ora Trust’ policy just a trojan horse for the privatisation of social services?
(Look at care for the elderly in NZ.
It was ‘devolved’ to the churches – now is essentially in the hands of private companie$$.
When did the public get a vote on that?
6) Where EXACTLY is our public money going to go – who is going to (especially financially) benefit?
Those ‘providing’ the Whanau Ora services – or those ‘using’ the Whanau Ora services?
7) Given that right now, in NZ – the ‘least corrupt country in the world’ – the public don’t know where exactly our public monies are being spent on private sector contracts at either local or central government – where is the ‘transparency’ and ‘accountability’ for ‘Whanau Ora Services’?
8) Sure – no one can object to public monies being used more effectively and efficiently – but where is the evidence (‘cost-benefit analysis’) that the ‘Whanau Ora Services’ model will do this?
Water Pressure Group
Judicially recognised ‘Public Watchdog’ on Metrowater, water and Auckland regional governance matters.
Ph (09) 846 9825
021 211 4 127
No comments yet.
- 9/11 TRUTH
- Auckland Mayoral campaign
- Botany By-election 2011
- Centre for Public Integrity
- CLG REPORT:
- Fighting corruption in NZ
- Fighting corruption internationally
- Fighting water privatisation in NZ
- Howick by-election campaign
- Human rights
- i watch news (Centre for Public Integrity)
- Internationally significant information
- Jane Burgermeister Report
- Stop the $uper City
- Transparency in Govt spending
- VINCE SIEMER REPORT
- WORLD WATER WARRIORS
- YOU TUBE: John Clarke and Bryan Dawe